The horticultural sector of Flower Exporters in Kenya currently ranks as one of the economy’s fastest growing industries. The Kenyan horticultural sector also ranks as the third largest foreign exchange earner after tourism and tea. This has been reflected in virtually year on year expansion in fruit, vegetable and flower exports, a trend that saw the industry rise 31% in 2003 with total exports reaching 130 000 tonnes in 2003. Top on the list of fresh horticultural crops exported annually are cut flowers, French beans, runner beans, snow peas, Asian vegetables, pineapples, mangoes, tomatoes, paw paws and passion fruit.
Kenya is the lead exporter of rose cut flowers to the European Union (EU) with a market share of about 38%. Approximately 65% of exported flowers are sold through the Dutch Auctions, although direct sales are growing. In the United Kingdom, supermarkets are the main retail outlets. Other growing destinations include Japan, Russia and USA.
Flower Exporters in Kenya are grown in the following counties: Nairobi, Kiambu, Nakuru, Kericho, Nyandarua, Transzoia, Uasin Gichu, Nyeri, Laikipia, Machakos, Meru, Kirinyaga, Embu, Murang’a and Kajiado.
Moreover, the following is a listing of some of the popular flowers grown for export in Kenya. The list is by no means exhaustive as there are so many varieties of flowers grown in Kenya both for the local market and for export.
- Ammi Majus
- Chrysanthemum Cuttings
- Statice Beltard
- Cut Foliage
- Statice Limonium
- Aram Lilies
Kenya Flower Council (KFC) is a voluntary association of independent growers and exporters of cut-flowers and ornamentals. KFC was formed in 1996, with the aim of fostering responsible and safe production of cut flowers in Kenya with due consideration of workers welfare and protection of the environment. Going forward, the industry will continue benchmarking itself against other producer countries. Information thus gathered will be useful in formulating strategies for growth, to capture prospects of expansion in current and emerging markets. Below is a list of the top 50 notable flower exporters in Kenya, according to KFC
How can we help?
- Specialized Flower Farm Tours
- Kenya Flower Export Consultant
- Let us connect you to our recommended contactors
Top 50 Flower Exporters in Kenya
- We are the passionate growers of more than twenty different varieties of world class calla lilies. Our farm is located in Limuru, on the edge of Nairobi, which is only a thirty minute drive from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport; our gateway to the world. Currently we are growing 35 hectares of calla lilies at a height of 5910 feet above sea level.
- is a boutique flower farm in the highlands of Kenya. Located in Njoro, 20 km south west of Nakuru, at 2,400 meters above sea level, the farm has currently 15 hectares of rose production. The unique geographic location and ideal weather conditions combined with abundantly fertile soil, produce prime quality roses.
- Through a continued process of research & development in close association with the most recognized German Breeder, Rosen Tantau, we have acquired a level of technical expertise that constitutes a guarantee for the quality of our flowers. Our roses have been carefully selected for their beauty and charm. Our collection is a superb assortment of 25 of the finest varietal roses available.
- Welcome to Aquila farms located amidst the breathtaking scenic views of the great Rift Valley, Naivasha, Kenya. This is where some of the most beautiful roses in the world come from and help brighten up homes, offices and lifestyles around the world
- Baraka Roses is a family-run company established in 2011. Located in Ngorika, Nyandarua County, Kenya 2,250 meters above sea level, an ideal altitude for quality roses.
- We are blessed with a special micro-climate and soil conditions that ensure high quality roses. With 34 hectares under production, we offer 24 varieties to suit every occasion for Flower Exporters in Kenya
- Beauty Line Ltd., founded in 2001, is located in Kenya and is wholly owned and operated by the owners and general managers of Danziger “Dan” Flower Farm (Israel).
- Beauty Line employs ca. 600 employees, producing cut flowers in open areas mainly for the European market, and propagation material for bedding plants and summer flower cuttings in modern greenhouses for Danziger’s “Dan” Flower Farm’s customers and licensees worldwide. “
- CUT FLOWERS
- Zuurbier & Co has facilities in the Netherlands and in Kenya. In Kenya, the company is called Bilashaka Flowers Ltd.
- The production farm in Kenya has an area of 29 hectares. On this farm, cultivation techniques developed in the Netherlands are applied in an ideal African climate. This provides excellent roses for various European markets.
- Black Petals Ltd is one of the many farms fully owned and operated by Black Tulip (Sharjah, UAE). At an hour’s drive from Nairobi, this farm is located in the village of Kiambu, close to the Limuru town of Kenya.
- With a greenhouse facility spanning over 21 hectares/acres at an altitude of 1,750 meters above sea level, it benefits from ideal equatorial conditions to grow high-grade cut roses and more than 25 varieties of big head T- Hybrid roses.
- is a family run flower farm in Kenya, that has consistently produced high quality roses over the last seventeen years and has created its mark in the International rose flower markets. The close involvement of family members in the day to day management and growing of the rose flowers ensures that only the best roses are produced and leave the farm for the international market. It has the best growing methods that are achieved through a highly motivated workers and a professional management team.
- The farm is located in Thika region of central Kenya at an altitude of 1500 meters above sea level. The total acreage of the farm is 21ha, all dedicated to cut roses. Over the years, the farm has seen its volumes grow and has continuously exported quality roses to the international flower markets both in the auction and direct.
- Charm Flowers Ltd is located at Kisaju, Kajiado County in Kenya. The site is 40 Km from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport- Nairobi, the terminus for export.
- We at Charm Flowers Ltd process and deliver Roses and Herbs packaged to your specifications to your doorstep. We export worldwide.
- ROSES and HERBS
- Located in the scenic plains of Maasai grassland of Kajiado County at Isinya the farm is presently 16 hectares equipped with the most modern Greenhouses
- Our markets are both, the Dutch Flower Auctions as well as direct supply to wholesalers based in the EU, Russia, USA, Canada, and Australia.
- Fides Kenya Ltd is a leading company in growers and exporters of fresh cut flowers from Kenya to international markets. Fides Kenya operates under the trade name Dümmen Orange (Netherlands).
- At present Fides Kenya Limited operates on 22 hectares where the Chrysanthemums, Geranium, Poinsettia, Osteospermum, Kalanchoe, Asters and filler plants cuttings are grown.
- Our workforce has grown over the years to the current level of about 700 employees. We are located 29 km south-east of Embu town and 169 km north-east of Nairobi, approximately 50 km south of Mount Kenya.
- is one of the most renowned and respected flower farms in Kenya and based at an altitude of 1530 meters above sea level, in Thika. Enkasiti has more than 25 years of expertise in the growing and selling of Roses. Our roses are growing with a lot of passion, dedication and commitment. Thereby resulting in excellent, World Class roses that are exported Globally on a daily basis.
- lies on the Equator at 2,000m above sea level (ASL) in the Mt Kenya region. This provides a perfect balance of cool nights, warm days and equal day length year-round to optimise consistent volumes, colour and high quality.
- Due to the local climate and high light levels at the farm, Equinox grows roses with intense colours, often bi-colour varieties. Equinox has installed over 3 km of cableway “skytrain transport system” to transport roses from within each greenhouse to the grading shed with minimal handling and maximum speed to improve efficiency, quality and freshness.
- established since 1995, is a rose farm based in Kenya’s Juja town and headquartered in Ruiru town, Thika District. The farm grows a wide variety of export-quality roses which attracts interest from countries around the world that seeks only the finest roses for their respective markets.
- We endeavor to grow flowers within a sustainable environment, driven by a dedicated and passionate workforce and committed to staying ahead of our contemporaries through continuous innovation. Our modern production facilities, production programs and staff welfare schemes ensure that Everflora remains reliable, respected and renowned as a prime example of a professional company that meets the highest international standards in quality products and service.
- PKM established a joint venture with a Kenyan partner. The project includes FAIRY FLOWERS Ltd. and HADITHI PLANTS Ltd., both situated northwest of Nairobi in Limuru. The project includes 35,000 m2 of greenhouse area used for cultivation of Schlumbergera and Rhipsalidopsis.
- The greenhouses are equipped with tables, sunscreening and automatic watering.
- CUT FLOWEWRS
- From the heart of our tea plantation in Kenya we produce in excess of 130,000,000 flower stems, ranging from roses and carnations to Matthiola and Alstroemeria (commonly known as the Peruvian Lily).
- Finlays first started growing flowers within its tea plantation in Kenya in 1989. To the present day we plant across 100 hectares of fine quality soil, making Finlays one of the largest flower producers in Kenya.
- ROSES, LILIES, CARNATIONS
- Florensis is an innovative, second-generation family business from Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht (Netherlands), founded in 1941 under the name Hamer Plant. The company now has a proven track record worldwide as a breeder and supplier of starting material for professional growers.
- Florensis has special cultivation sites for the production of unrooted cuttings and seeds. These are based in Ethiopia, Kenya and Portugal and are essential to maintaining and improving the highest possible level of quality.
- CUTTINGS and SEEDS
Gatoka Flowers Ltd (Kenya)
- amongst the first indigenous Kenyan owned enterprises to be involved in the flower industry in Kenya. Established in 1990, our farm has grown from strength to strength to ensure the very best fresh cut roses in the world.
- Our farm is located in Thika approximately 35 kilometres from Nairobi at approximately 1800m above sea level. Gatoka’s location is conducive for the growth of its premium fresh cut roses. Gatoka has grown from its original cultivated area of 1.3 hectares to its current cropping area of 17 hectares constructed with steel.
- Growing beautiful flowers in Kenya for export, including roses, spray roses, bouvardia and delphiniums.
Harvest Flowers (Kenya)
- is a family run business with over 20 years’ experience in growing and exporting flowers into the wholesale and retail market. Our three farms located at different altitudes across Kenya grow over 60 plus varieties of roses and flowers all year round.
- We employ over 1000 workers and annually export over 35 million cut flower stems as bouquets or flower bunches to the global market. With our Kenyan farms being Fairtrade certified, all the roses and cut flowers are grown without artificial heat or light and as a result have a significantly lower carbon footprint.
- ROSES and CUT FLOWERS
Interplant Roses (Netherlands)
- has operated a testing and commercial show facility in Kenya, near Lake Naivasha. Situated in the Naivasha Flower Business Park our facility is ideally located for the testing of new rose varieties.
- Customers and rose enthusiasts from all over the world frequently visit the Naivasha area and we are more than happy to show them our latest innovations and introductions of new rose varieties.
- The Kariki Group was founded by Richard Fernandes in 2002 on Bondet Farm, close to Nanyuki on the slopes of Mt Kenya. Subsequent expansions have led to the development of 3 additional farms in the Thika, Naivasha and Molo areas, with 130 ha of cut flowers under production.
- Bondet Ltd, Kariki Ltd., Kudenga Ltd. and Hamwe Ltd.
- CUT FLOWERS
- is mainly a large-scale farming company founded in the beginning of 1920. The floriculture department started in 1997 with two wooden pioneer greenhouses. Now we have 18 hectares of plastic greenhouses that are specially made for growing roses. We also grow outside of summer flowers as Eryngiums two varieties namely Blue Dream & Deep Blue Jackpot and several vareiteiten Delphiniums. The total area of this is 4 hectares.
- Maridadi Flowers is the name of our rose farm in Kenya. In 2003 we have started building glasshouses in Naivasha and we have constantly been expanding since that time. At this point, the farm covers 42 hectares (over 103 acres).
- With around 700 local employees, at Maridadi Flowers we stand at the basis of a beautiful vase full of flowers for our European customers. Currently we grow 13 different species of roses, carefully selected to fit the criteria that we consider to be important.
- Our roses must not only be beautiful, but also long-lasting and well transportable: the better they survive the journey from Africa to our customers throughout Europe, the more pleasure they will bring to these customers.
Lauren International Flowers Ltd. (Kenya)
- The company is legally registered in Kenya as a grower and seller of fresh cut flowers. Our rose farm, situated 50 km from Nairobi in Thika district boast of 15 hactares of Roses. The farm was started in 1997 under the name of Thika Nursery, which was later in the year 2000 acquired by the present owner- Lauren flowers Ltd.
- We produce high quality roses meeting international standards. We do have in our farm over 20 variety of roses in Medium and T/Hybrid category. Our produce is exported all over the world so long as logistics are favourable.
- started in 2011 and is now 40 ha. We are a part of a large ranch in laikipia which has been in the family for nearly 100 years. Our main crop has been wheat most of our lives, but now roses is our baby. We are in a rain shadow of the mountain therefor capable of producing a constant quality. We harvest all our water and top up with boreholes for irrigation.
- has over 20 years’ experience in growing and exporting flowers to various parts of the world. Our current markets are in Russia, Japan, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands UK, USA, Australia, the Middle East and Africa.
- We grow 3 categories of roses – Sprays, Intermediates and T-hybrids
- Grow some of the best fresh cut roses in the world.
- We have been able to achieve this by combining a number of elements i.e. motivated work force, excellent work environment, with the combination of a pristine location to produce the kind of roses we produce.
- Our farm is one of the oldest horticultural farms in Kenya. It was founded in 1920 by a Swedish botanist. The grandfather of the current owner Bob Andersen.
- Over the years the farm has grown many different products like coffee, avocado, apples and peaches. The commercial rose production started in 1993 and over the next 20 years the farm developed into a place where everybody is totally committed to growing the best quality roses.
- Mweiga Blooms is a GlobalGAP certified family-run farm located in the Kenyan highlands, in-between the Aberdare Range and Mt Kenya.
- Our herbs are grown at an altitude of 1900m on 5Ha in open fields and greenhouses.
- a group of three Rose growing farms namely Winchester farm Ltd, Maji Mazuri Flowers Ltd and Molo River Roses Ltd which are centrally managed.
- The group is headed by a Chief Executive while the respective farms are headed by the General Managers. The sales and Marketing function on the mZurrie group is centralized at the head office.
- is a worldwide leading Company in the field of research, breeding, selection and marketing of new cut rose and garden rose varieties.
- NIRP EAST AFRICA LTD – P.O.BOX 1484, 20117 – NAIVASHA, KENYA, Tel: +254 020 3563141 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- is a rose farm situated on the slopes of one of Africa’s highest mountains, Mt. Elgon. The farm itself lies just outside the town of Kitale at over 6000 feet above sea level enabling the production of high quality roses for the European market.
- Panocal International Ltd. was established as a family concern in 1996 and has been a major supplier of premium flowers to the Dutch and Japanese auctions ever since. We have nearly 36 hectares under Roses production.
- has been exporting intermediate roses into the European market for 10 years now. It grows its flowers under 60 hectares of greenhouses and exports them directly to supermarkets and wholesalers in Germany, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Scandinavia and Holland.
- is a 57Ha, family owned business established in 2007.
- The farm, idyllically located within the Athi Kapiti Plains, 60km south of Nairobi in Kajiado District along the Athi River, specializes in growing and exporting premium quality, fresh-cut, Roses. Our portfolio, ranging from medium to big bud sizes, boasts of 12 varieties and 10 new varieties in the pipelines. We have a wide market in Australia, China, the European Union, Japan, Middle East, Russia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, etc.
- The flower export business rides on reputation. Our dedication to maintaining and improving the quality of our roses, through continuous investment in high-end technologies, R&D, combined with trained, skilled and experienced workforce, is what has seen to our growth and expansion.
- Primarosa flowers, the floriculture division of Zuri Group Global is a leading provider of cut flowers. We are a leading producer and exporter of premium quality roses across the globe.
- The company has a wide range of intermediate, T-hybrid and Spray roses. Due to diversity in the range of our products, the company is able to supply its produce to high profile supermarkets, florist chains, wholesalers and traders.
- is a rose farm in Kenya, East Africa, on the slopes of Mount Kenya, Africa’s second highest mountain, at 5199m.
- The farm itself lies at 2100m on the equator and therefore due to altitude and light intensity, colours are more vibrant and bud sizes are larger, producing high quality roses, sold on the VBA (Aalsmeer) auction market. Red Ice Flowers® was established in 2004, and is one of a number of farms owned by The Vegpro Group®, founded in 1979, which is a major supplier of flowers, premium and prepared vegetables for export to Europe.
- Simbi Rose farm is located in Thika, an hours drive from capital city Nairobi. This proximity to Nairobi, the climate and constant water provision via several man-made dams in the area make the region popular with the agricultural industry. Simbi Rose farm itself is situated right in the center of a large coffee farm.
- Since its inception, Simbi Roses have established a modern and efficient crop management system and high quality control within our growing infrastructure. These include the propagation of our own plants, and the state of art irrigation and spraying systems, all managed by highly skilled and professional team.
- Subati Flowers Ltd – Is a grower and exporter of over 100 varieties of spray and single head roses. Our farms are located in Northern Kenya on the slopes of the Great Rift Valley.
- The roses are grown in green houses spanning 85 Hectares at an altitude of 2,200m above sea level, giving rise to exceptionally high quality T-Hybrid roses.
- Suera Flowers is one of Kenya’s leading flower plantations and uses only non-hazardous chemicals in line with European regulations, and is at the forefront in establishing a cleaner environment via the development of wetlands. The company regularly wins awards at the International Flower Trade Show.
- Suera is located in Nyahururu near the Thompson Falls at an altitude of 2300 meters. Suera is a family company founded in 1996. Divided over three locations, that are located close to each other, Suera covers 30 hectares where mainly roses are being grown. Each year, around 35 million roses are exported.
- Started in 2006 and has ca. 100 ha roses. Our farm is located on the slopes of mount Kenya at an altitude of 2350 meters.
Uhuru Flowers Ltd (Kenya)
- Uhuru, which means “freedom” in the Kiswahili language, is situated on the northern slopes of Mt Kenya near the town of Timau. The farm is at an altitude of 2600m above sea level, making it one of the highest rose farms in Kenya.
- The high altitude combined with the latitude (we are just a few kilometers from the equator) allows us to produce premium quality roses all year round.
- We have a small but experienced management team led by Ivan Freeman, who has been growing roses in this area of Kenya since 1998. Our aim is to produce consistent high quality cut roses with large head size, excellent vase life and presentation.
- Peter and Sylvia Szapary came to Kenya in 1995. They fell in love with the country, got married in 1996 and decided to settle in Naivasha
- In 1999 they bought some land and they began to grow flowers. That was the start of Wildfire Flowers. Wildfire Flowers employs 540 Kenyans. They grow 17 hectares of roses and 13 hectares of Hypericum.
Windsor Flowers Ltd
- established in May 2003 to grow and export high quality cut roses to the European Union. The company was started by a well established business family in Kenya which has many other industrial interests in the food processing and steel industry.
- The flower farm is developed on 50 acres of fertile land which used to previously grow high quality export grade coffee. It is located on the main Thika-Nairobi highway, approximately 40 kilometers from Nairobi city. The company is both socially and environmentally responsible in its operations.
- has a unique, ultra modern rose farm in Kenya. The company provides high quality cut roses, and constantly aims for outstanding quality, both in flower and leaf colour, stem thickness, stem length and above all a good shelf life. Zuurbier & Co are leading growers using the latest technology for optimization of growth processes, and technical development.
Other Flower Exporters in Kenya
- Xpressions Flora Ltd.
- Grandiflora (K) Ltd.
- Lathyflora Ltd.
- Livewire Ltd.
- Maridadi Flowers Ltd.
- Morop Flowers Ltd.
- NINI FLOWER Farm Ltd
- Penta Tancom Ltd.
- Terrasol Ltd.
- Valentine Growers Ltd.
How can we help?
Specialized Flower Farm Tours
Kenya Flower Export Consultant
Let us connect you to our recommended contacts