Kenya Make Money Online
Did you know that you can make money online in Kenya, from the comfort of your home, seated at your computer? If you have no idea how to do so, this post is for you! Check out the ways you can make money online below!
- Freelancing means working from wherever you want to and choosing the jobs you want to do. A freelancer also gets to choose whom he or she wants to work for, and for how much! Some of the freelancing jobs available include transcription (converting audio and/or video to text), writing (academic or article writing), software development, graphic design and virtual assistant jobs.
- Most freelancers get their jobs from individuals, or international freelancing sites like Upwork, Freelancer, Guru, and People per Hour, as well as local Kenyan sites like Kuhustle. Payments are done through Payoneer, PayPal, Skrill and even Mpesa!
- Niche Websites
- This is another great way to make money online in Kenya. A niche website focuses on a specific topic, product or service. When choosing a niche, you should select one that will generate good traffic for your site, like health, fashion, beauty or pet accessories. You can then earn money from your site from either registering your site with Google AdSense or becoming an affiliate marketer.
- YouTube Videos
- YouTube is another great avenue through which you can make money using your laptop or desktop! Simply set up a YouTube channel that has content of your choice, and that will appeal to viewers. Next, connect your channel to Google AdSense, so that any time a viewer clicks on the ads that appear on your channel, you earn money. You also get paid every time someone watches your video for at least 30 seconds.
- Dropshipping is quite simple to understand. It involves becoming an indirect marketer for another online shop, like eBay or AliExpress. You simply pick some items that you can afford to pay for from the online shop, market them, and sell them at a higher price than what is listed at the online shop. When a client buys an item from your platform, you go back to the online shop, purchase the item, dispatch it to the buyer, and keep your profit.
- The most common platform used for dropshipping is Shopify. You can set up a Shopify store, sell items from other online stores, track purchases and accept payments!
- Forex trading is simply the buying and selling of currency to make a profit. For example, you can buy a certain currency for a low price when its exchange rate is low, and then offload it when the exchange rate rises. Just like any other online job, however, forex trading requires lots of patience, mastery and hard work – it is not just about buying and selling currency!
- Yes, you can make money from a blog! A blog is an informed website that has content written in a conversational tone, on topics that are of interest to the reader. The content on your blog must be relevant, interesting, engaging and current so that it appeals to the reader.
- Once your blog has good traffic, you can proceed to monetize it using AdSense or do affiliate marketing – where you advertise other people’s products on your site and get a commission.
- Also, depending on what your blog content covers, you can choose to sell eBooks, eCourses and consultancy services.
- Bitcoin Trading
- Have you heard of cryptocurrencies? The Bitcoin is an example of a cryptocurrency, a currency that is traded virtually, not physically. Trading using the Bitcoin is gradually gaining popularity around the world, and as a result, opportunities to earn money from it have come up. How, then, can you make money online in Kenya from the Bitcoin?
- There are two ways to make money online from the Bitcoin. First, you can trade in it – buying and selling it to make a profit. Second, you can mine it – solve complex puzzles to verify digital transactions related to the Bitcoin on your computer, and get paid for it!
- Affiliate Marketing
- An affiliate marketer acts as a business associate of other business websites, marketing and selling their products using his/her website and social media accounts. Many online businesses have found it profitable to affiliate themselves with social media users/influencers and websites to market themselves, sell their products, and increase traffic to their websites.
- Affiliate marketing works very simply. You use your blog or website to introduce clients to the business you are affiliated with and get paid for every new client. You can also advertise products on your page, and get paid every time the business makes a sale.
As you can see from the list above, there are several ways you can make money online in Kenya. Just remember, though, online work takes patience, skill, dedication and hard work – and a computer, of course!